Nuffnang Ads

Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Progress update for Growell Minoxidil 5% for men

This is the progress after week 4. On average, I drop about 60 to 80 strands of hair daily. It falls from the roots, as I can see the 'bulb' at the end of the hair. I seldom, if not never, had hair fall due to breakage.

About 1 - 2 days after I took this photo, I experienced excessive hair loss. By excessive, I'm talking about 150 to 200 strands of hair loss a day. To be honest, I actually counted the amount of hair that I lost. It was so scary to the point I get goosebumps when I saw the amount of hair that fell off. It seemed that some are from the same follicle too.





before excessive hair 'shedding'


For the next 5 days, it just kept falling. I had doubts if I should continue the medication, and I wasn't sure when will this ever stop. Will it shed till I become bald completely?

I searched the web for similar experiences and most of the forums shared that it is actually normal to experience excessive hair loss. It means that the scalp is reacting to the medication and I should continue. Some of the reviews said they stopped using after experiencing this hair shedding so as to preserve whatever they have left.

I decided to continue with the medication because I felt that it is to be fair to the drug as well as to be fair to myself.

taken during excessive hair loss


The above photo was taken about 4 days into excessive hair loss phase. When I placed my hand over my hair, it definitely feels significantly thinner and lesser in volume.

No comments:

Post a Comment