Nuffnang Ads

Thursday, December 21, 2017

Final Progress Update for Growell Minoxidil 5% for men

I have stopped using Minoxidil 5% by Growell about 6 months (June 2017) now due to several reasons. I've started using it in June 2016 so it's been a year.

Reasons I stopped using Minoxidil 5%

1. I experienced itchiness on my scalp. There is no redness on the scalp. But it is itchy as hell. I've tried stopping for a day or 2 until the itchiness subsides before trying again but as long as I reapply it the itchiness comes back. I'm not sure why did it only occur after so many months of usage.

2. There is no significant growth. I did not see my hair grow or becoming thicker. My wife commented she saw growth in the initial stages. However, there are no difference for the rest of the months.

Because of these reasons, I decided to stop using it temporarily. I still have about 4 unused bottles. I might be using them again in future.

Cycle of Minoxidil 5%

1. The 1st week of usage does not have any changes to the hair.
2. 2nd week onwards there will be significant hair loss. This increase rate of hair loss will continue for about 2 to 3 weeks before it stops.
3. You will see hair loss situation get better. Based on some experiences shared by other users. It can be interpreted as those hair that would've fallen in the subsequent weeks have already fallen during the 2nd week.
4. You will also "feel" that your remaining hair is thicker and fuller when you touch it. But based on observation from my wife, there is no difference visually.

Aftermath of stoppage.

The rate of hair loss escalate exponentially. I now look balder before I tried the solution. I attribute this to several reasons which I concluded myself.

1. Loss of support from Minoxidil. As discussed widely over various hair loss forums, users experienced accelerate hair loss once stopped using Minoxidil. This is true for me as well. I have no problems continue using it if not for the itchiness. I can live if 0 hair growth because I believe it strengthen what remaining hair I have left.

2. Stress. I consider myself easily stressed. I didn't say this before but I have to admit that I get my emotions in the way of my work and my emotions fluctuate drastically at work. I can be quite chill at one instance and get really pissed the other. Once stressed or angry, I pull my hair frequently. And I keep pulling and pulling until I realised it's dropping too much.

3. Diet. At my previous work place, I don't get access to quality food. My colleagues put it best, "we eat to survive." There's no nutrition and mostly its fried food and rice and no vegetables or fruits.

4. Lifestyle. I still sleep very late at night, usually past 2am. I am trying to kick this habit. I also don't exercise, which I'm trying to improve by doing push ups at home.


With this, I've concluded my usage on using Minoxidil 5% by Growell. I am working on other solutions which I'll continue to share in future posts.

Feel free to ask me any questions in the comments box.

No comments:

Post a Comment